Aboriginal Action Plan
NSW Fair Trading’s Aboriginal Action Plan involves making our services more accessible to Indigenous communities right across New South Wales. Through services that are more accessible Fair Trading can improve the experience of Indigenous consumers in the marketplace.
In 2002, an evaluation of the previous Action Plan was undertaken. The evaluation focused on addressing three issues:
- Are we focusing on the right fair trading issues for Indigenous communities?
- Are there other fairing trading issues we should add?
- Are our Indigenous strategies effective?
The evaluation consisted of a review of the data for each of the programs, feedback from staff and consultation with Indigenous communities and organisations.
Following the evaluation of the previous Aboriginal Action Plan a new plan was developed focusing on seven issues working together to improve Indigenous consumer experiences in the marketplace. The Action Plan includes the following sections:
- The journey begins in PDF format (size: 551kb)
- The plan at a glance in PDF format (size: 137kb)
- Regional Aboriginal services program in PDF format (size: 1.2mb)
- Education material, media and promotional activities in PDF format (size: 534kb)
- Community partnerships in PDF format (size: 103kb)
- Aboriginal employment strategy in PDF format (size: 177kb)
- Aboriginal tenancy program in PDF format (size: 611kb)
- Registry of Co-operatives and Associations Aboriginal services program in PDF format (size: 169kb)
- National partnerships project in PDF format (size: 264kb)
Get a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader so you can access PDF versions of our information.