Change text size:  Increase font size  Reduce font size  |  Print page:  Print this page
  |  Contact us   

Applying for or renewing a licenceĀ 

The Australian Business Licence Information Service (ABLIS) is a free service with information on licence requirements. You can find out what licence you need and which forms to complete. Below are links to information about specific licences.

Specific licences

Online licence renewals

Lodge your renewal for the following licences and certificates of registration online at the NSW Government Licensing Service.

  • Auto-dismantler's licence
  • Business agent's licence
  • Car market operator's licence
  • Certificate of registration (Property, Stock and Business Agents Act 2002)
  • Certificate of registration as a valuer
  • Conveyancer's licence
  • Corporation licence (Conveyancers Licensing Act 2003)
  • Corporation licence (Property, Stock and Business Agents Act 2002)
  • Dealer's licence (Motor Dealers Act 1974)
  • Home builder and tradesperson licences
  • Motor vehicle consultant's licence
  • Motor vehicle parts reconstructor's licence
  • Motor vehicle repairer's licence
  • On-site residential property manager's licence
  • Pawnbroker's licence
  • Real estate agent's licence
  • Second-hand dealer's licence
  • Stock and station agent's licence
  • Strata managing agent's licence
  • Wholesaler's licence (Motor Dealers Act 1974)

For some licence types you can also update your particulars while lodging your renewal online.

Occupational licensing and training

For information about occupational licensing, training, mutual recognition and skills development across Australia, visit the Queensland Department of Education, Training and the Arts website at

Trading outside NSW

If your business will be trading outside New South Wales, check the Australian Business Licence and Information Service for any permits or licences required by other states or territories.

Telephone enquiries

General enquiries concerning business licensing can be made by telephoning NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20 or online through ABLIS and for specific enquiries, refer to the list below:

Type of Licence

Business covered


General Business

Motor dealers, pawnbrokers and second-hand dealers, motor vehicle repairers, valuers.

(02) 9619 8700

Home Building Home building, renovations, plumbing, electrical. 13 32 20
Property Services Real estate, business agent property, stock and station agent, conveyancing, strata managing agent, on-site residential property manager. (02) 9619 8799
TTY: (02) 9372 9085
(licence/certificate application and renewals)

Top of page