Change text size:   Increase font size   Reduce font size  |   Print page:   Print this page
  |   Contact us   

Registration of retirement villages 

All retirement villages in NSW must be registered with Land and Property Information. This is a requirement under section 24A of the Retirement Villages Act 1999 and penalties apply for a failure to do so.

New villages must be registered before the operator enters into any village contracts with residents.

The information given by operators to Land and Property Information has been used by NSW Fair Trading to establish a publicly available list of retirement villages.

How to register a village or update details

Village operators need to complete Request form 11RN (Request to enter notification pursuant to Section 24A Retirement Villages Act 1999) available from the Land title dealing forms page of the Land and Property Information website.

On the Request form, the operator needs to identify the land (or the relevant part of the land) that is being used as a retirement village and the name of the village.

Registration is a once-only process. However, operators must also notify Land and Property Information of any changes to the information they have previously lodged.

Registering the village creates a statutory charge under Part 10A of the Act.

Public register of villages

Fair Trading publishes a register of all retirement villages that have registered with Land and Property Information.

Prospective residents can use the public register to find out where villages are located and how to contact them. The register also enables Fair Trading to circulate information to retirement village operators about changes to the law.

If you find incorrect or outdated information on the public register, please call Fair Trading on 13 32 20 or email

Top of page