Change text size:   Increase font size   Reduce font size  |   Print page:   Print this page
  |   Contact us   

Mutual recognition - operators 

Mutual recognition legislation applies only to individuals who hold a current registration in an equivalent occupation. Applications cannot be made by a company or partnership.

If you operate a tow truck interstate and are looking to operate a business within NSW, you are required to hold a Tow Truck Operator Licence.

Application forms for a Mutual Recognition, Tow Truck Operator can be found on the Tow truck forms and policies page on the Fair Trading website.

An interstate tow truck that is authorised to carry out towing work in NSW will have a registration plate issued in the home state and two Fair Trading interstate tow truck signs in the window of the tow truck.