Change text size:   Increase font size   Reduce font size  |   Print page:   Print this page
  |   Contact us   

Autogas mechanics 

I am an autogas mechanic, are there any regulations I need to be aware of?

Yes, the Gas Supply (Consumer Safety) Regulation 2012 provides the regulatory framework for autogas as well as gas appliances connected to networks and non-networks, gas installations, licensed gas fitters and the testing of gas meters.

Top of page

I have an autogas licence from another state, can I work in NSW?

Autogas licences granted in other states and territories are recognised in NSW. A person who is registered to carry out autogas installation, service or repair in one state or territory is entitled to practice an equivalent occupation in another state or territory, after notifying the local licensing authority. In NSW, Fair Trading is the licensing authority for autogas installations.

Note: A person would be required to apply for a NSW tradesperson's certificate and a NSW licence if operating a business.

Top of page

Get a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader so you can access PDF versions of our information.