Looking for an expert speaker? Request a free NSW Fair Trading presenter for your next community event, seminar, workshop, meeting or conference.
We can adapt one or more topics to suit your audience. Topics include:
- Know your shopping rights
- Be scam aware
- Buying safe products
- Revved up - buying a car
- Hiring a tradie
- Living in a strata scheme
- Renting a home
- MoneyStuff – shopping, phone contracts and comparing prices
- Moving into a retirement village
- Living in a mobile home park (also known as a residential land lease community)
- Planning for a funeral
- Australian Consumer Law for small businesses
- A guide for incorporated associations.
We will work with you to develop an interactive session tailored to your group's size and needs. Our information will be catered for your specific audience (eg. consumers, traders, young people, parents, seniors, Aboriginal communities, people with a disability or people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities).
You will also have the opportunity to ask questions and receive tools and tips to better protect yourself in today’s market.
To find out more and to request a speaker, email FairTradingSeminars@finance.nsw.gov.au or call 13 32 20.
We can attend locations throughout NSW. Every year more than 65,000 consumers and traders attend over 2000 of our seminars and talks.
Or visit our events register to view a list of upcoming events.