The Financial Counselling Services Program (FCSP) is a state-wide program that funds not for profit organisations for the provision of:
- free-of-charge financial counselling by accredited counsellors
- consumer legal casework
- public education programs in debt and credit management
- training of financial counsellors
The FCSP currently provides funding to:
- Financial counselling services operating in specific Local Government Areas (LGAs)
- A state-wide Credit and Debt Hotline
- Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (FCAN)
Current funding is provided from 1 October 2015 to 30 September 2019. The program is funded triennially and is currently closed to applications.
Who can apply?
Applications can be made by:
- non-profit incorporated or registered organisations which seek to provide or conduct a service or project in NSW
- financial counselling services
- non-profit organisations actively working towards incorporation and wishing to provide or conduct a service or project in NSW
- individuals with the appropriate skills, experience and knowledge who wish to provide training for financial counsellors or community education related to the management of personal finances in NSW
Who can’t apply?
Applications cannot be made by:
- commercially operated (for-profit) organisations
- organisations or individuals wishing to provide services or conduct services in a State or Territory other than NSW.
How much is the funding?
Approximately $7.02 million each year is available under the 2015-2019 funding period. Funding under the program is fully allocated until 30 September 2019.
Currently funded services
Want more information?
To contact a financial counselling service, please call the Financial Counsellors Association of NSW (FCAN) on 1300 914 408.
For enquiries about NSW Fair Trading's community grants program only, email email@example.com.