Find out more information

Sometimes, even after talking it over, you still can't manage to resolve the problem. In this situation, the next step is to gain more information about your rights and responsibilities or find out who is responsible for the industry or practice you are having difficulties with.

Many types of business have their own internal complaint resolution body. These industry-based organisations may assist to resolve complaints or simply provide advice to consumers. If you're not sure if there is an industry association which covers your dispute or who you should contact, call NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20.

So what's my next step?

When parties to a dispute are unable to reach a settlement, the consumer or homeowner can lodge a complaint with NSW Fair Trading. You can lodge a complaint online, download a complaint form for mailing or contact Fair Trading on 13 32 20.

You may find the following information helpful in understanding what happens once a complaint has been lodged.

Prev Talk it over
Next Building defect complaints