NSW Fair Trading has developed a range of policies to support the effective operation of associations law. The policies inform the public about the law and how it will be administered, as well as providing a framework for consistent decision making by Fair Trading officers.
Policies related to the law include:
- Appointment of an administrator under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (PDF, 254.79 KB)
Explains the circumstances under which the Commissioner may appoint an administrator and what factors would be considered when determining the appointment.
- Decisions reviewable by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 PDF, 451.31 KB
Details general principles that apply to making administrative decisions so as to promote reasonable and consistent decision-making under the law by Fair Trading officers.
- Determining names for Incorporated Associations under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (PDF, 644.03 KB)
Informs the community how a proposed word or name for an association may be determined as acceptable or unacceptable and guides Fair Trading officers in making those determinations.
- Financial threshold for Incorporated Associations under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (PDF, 275.8 KB)
Explains the upper financial threshold considered by Fair Trading when registering an association or remaining incorporated under the law.
- Issue of penalty notices under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 (PDF, 418.8 KB)
Informs associations how the penalty notice provisions of the law will be administered and provides a guide for Fair Trading officers of the issues to be considered before issuing a penalty notice.