Legal and conveyancing

Legal Service providers

The Office of Legal Services Commissioner (OLSC) receives complaints against solicitors and barristers in NSW. Disputes can relate to poor communication, costs, mistakes, delays and poor service. If a dispute involves misconduct, OLSC may refer the complaint to the Law Society, Bar Association or government organisation for investigation.

Contact OLSC on 1800 242 958 or visit

Magistrates and Court Judges

Complaints regarding magistrates and court judges can also be referred to the Judicial Commission. Go to for more information.


If you want to buy or sell a home, land or investment property you’ll have to sign a sale contract. The legal work involved in preparing the sale contract, mortgage and other related documents, is called conveyancing. It’s possible to do your own conveyancing, however, most people get a licensed conveyancer or solicitor to do the work for them. You can search for a do-it-yourself conveyancing kit online.

Prev Introduction agencies
Next Motor repairs