Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
Questions on possible options
- Are the objects of the Biofuels Act and Regulation still valid? Why or why not?
I do not agree with regulating the use of biofuels
- Are there any other economic, social, environmental and consumer costs and benefits associated with biofuels that Government should further consider, to ensure that the regulatory regime is effective?
No, you should cease and desist
- Are there any developments, innovations or emerging trends in the broader transport or fuel industry that Government should consider in assessing the biofuels regulatory regime?
- Are there any entities that should be included in or excluded from the Act? If so, which entities and why?
Anyone who chooses not participate should be allowed too
- Are the definitions of volume fuel retailers and primary wholesalers adequate? If not, how could the definitions change?
Way too low
- Does the Act appropriately balance the interests of small businesses with the broader objectives of the mandate? Please provide comments.
- Should the prescribed mandate for ethanol and biodiesel sales remain at the current rate? If not, how should it change and why?
Should not be regulated at all, just cease and desist now
- Are the biofuel sustainability standards adequate? Please provide comments.
- Are there emerging industry standards or developments that should be taken in to account when assessing and defining sustainability?
- Is the exemption process for not meeting the minimum biofuels requirements adequate? Should the factors that the Minister must take in to account before granting an exemption change?
There should be choice, not regulation
- What is the process like to seek an exemption? Are there any changes that could be made to ensure the process is as seamless and as user-friendly as possible?
Anyone who requests an exemption should be able to get it
- Is the Biofuels Exemption Framework and Guidelines document easy to understand and comply with? Should any of the matters outlined in the Guidelines be included instead in the Biofuels Regulation to ensure abundant legal clarity?
- Are the current registration, return and record keeping requirements adequate? Please provide comments.
- How much time approximately does it take primary wholesales, volume fuel retailers and other operators of service stations to provide the return to NSW Fair Trading?
- What other reporting and financial regulatory requirements are primary wholesalers, volume fuel retailers and other operators of service stations required to comply with? For example, at the Commonwealth level.
- Are IPART’s functions and role adequate to help achieve the objectives of the Biofuels Act? Please provide comments.
- Are there any other functions, research or role could IPART take in the biofuels regulatory regime?
- What information and data would be useful in ensuring regulation fosters a competitive biofuels industry?
- Is the current compliance and enforcement approach working well? Please provide comments.
- Is the current approach appropriate and should any changes be made (such as to penalty amounts) to make the compliance and enforcement approach more effective?
- Is the role and composition of the Biofuels Expert Panel still valid? Please provide comments.
- Do you have any other general comments on the biofuels regulatory regime? Please provide further detail.
I never have and never will put any bio based fuel in any vehicle or machinery I own, it’s rubbish that does major damage to vehicle engine and other components