Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
- Authorised delegate/contact person
Questions on possible options
- What kind of plans should be signed off and declared by a statutory declaration?
- Should a statutory declaration accompany all variations to plans or only major variations?
- How should plans be provided to, or accessed by, the Building Commissioner?
- In what circumstances would it be difficult to document performance solutions and their compliance with the BCA?
- What would the process for declaring that a building complies with its plans look like?
- What kind of role should builders play in declaring final building work?
- Which builders involved in building work should be responsible for signing off on buildings?
- Are existing licensing regimes appropriate to be accepted as registration for some builders and building designers, such as architects, for the new scheme?
- What should be the minimum requirements for a registration scheme?
- What form of insurance should be mandatory for ‘building designers’? Why?
- What kinds of minimum requirements should be prescribed for the insurance policy (for example, value, length of cover, etc.)?
- What skills should be mandatory for ‘building designers’?
- Which categories of building practitioners should owe a duty of care?
- What should be the scope of the duty of care? Should it apply to all or certain types of work? If so, which work?
- What types of consumers should be owed a duty of care?
At our discretion we may remove parts of submissions because of length, content, appropriateness or confidentiality (privacy) reasons.