Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
Questions on possible options
- What kind of plans should be signed off and declared by a statutory declaration?
- Should a statutory declaration accompany all variations to plans or only major variations?
- How should plans be provided to, or accessed by, the Building Commissioner?
- In what circumstances would it be difficult to document performance solutions and their compliance with the BCA?
where there is no governing body, like CSIRO to test and verify
- What would the process for declaring that a building complies with its plans look like?
That is Building Certification that exists now but perhaps not being done properly
- What kind of role should builders play in declaring final building work?
It shouldnt be so easy to divest responsibilities for the work; words and signatures from "companies" are not enough
- Which builders involved in building work should be responsible for signing off on buildings?
Individuals not companies
- Are existing licensing regimes appropriate to be accepted as registration for some builders and building designers, such as architects, for the new scheme?
it should not be possible for companies to hold building licences
- What should be the minimum requirements for a registration scheme?
I dont think further registration will solve the problem
- What form of insurance should be mandatory for ‘building designers’? Why?
none as the building designers are not the problem
- What kinds of minimum requirements should be prescribed for the insurance policy (for example, value, length of cover, etc.)?
- What skills should be mandatory for ‘building designers’?
an architectural degree
- Which categories of building practitioners should owe a duty of care?
- What should be the scope of the duty of care? Should it apply to all or certain types of work? If so, which work?
the value of the work
- What types of consumers should be owed a duty of care?