Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
Questions on possible options
- What kind of plans should be signed off and declared by a statutory declaration?
All plans to ensure uniform standard.
- Should a statutory declaration accompany all variations to plans or only major variations?
All variations - see above
- How should plans be provided to, or accessed by, the Building Commissioner?
Establish Data base
- In what circumstances would it be difficult to document performance solutions and their compliance with the BCA?
- What would the process for declaring that a building complies with its plans look like?
- What kind of role should builders play in declaring final building work?
Secondary / advisory. Builders should not have the final say,
- Which builders involved in building work should be responsible for signing off on buildings?
- Are existing licensing regimes appropriate to be accepted as registration for some builders and building designers, such as architects, for the new scheme?
No - too lax. Allowance of abuse via loopholes
- What should be the minimum requirements for a registration scheme?
Options : -10 years practical experience as builder -Minimum Cert IV
- What form of insurance should be mandatory for ‘building designers’? Why?
As per similar professionals. (PI)
- What kinds of minimum requirements should be prescribed for the insurance policy (for example, value, length of cover, etc.)?
- What skills should be mandatory for ‘building designers’?
- Which categories of building practitioners should owe a duty of care?
- What should be the scope of the duty of care? Should it apply to all or certain types of work? If so, which work?
- What types of consumers should be owed a duty of care?
All consumers where work is over $5000