Building Stronger Foundations

Submission cover sheet

  • Name of organisation or individual making this submission

    Confidentiality requested

Questions on possible options

  1. What kind of plans should be signed off and declared by a statutory declaration?

    Anything related to structral and fire safety issues

  2. Should a statutory declaration accompany all variations to plans or only major variations?


  3. How should plans be provided to, or accessed by, the Building Commissioner?

    Online submission through council web link

  4. In what circumstances would it be difficult to document performance solutions and their compliance with the BCA?

    I believe the current system for document performance solution procedure and compliance with BCA /NCC written in the national construction code is quite systematic, logic and reasonable . I personally believe it is an good system but the difficulty for implementation it is due to the expert especially the PCA building principal Certifying Authority lack of sufficient knowledge and understanding of BCA/NCC . I have been encountered a lot of PCA practitioner only have limited knowledge the traditional DTS provision and unable to provide sound advisor to their client . Normally most PCA choice when comes to alternative performance solution is either be prevent client to have alternative solution completely by advise them just stick the DTS provision or just compromised with client with their performance without any procedure to investigate like what NCC documented .

  5. What would the process for declaring that a building complies with its plans look like?

    Material testing , enginner or designer assessment for the documentation .

  6. What kind of role should builders play in declaring final building work?

    following what ever the best effort To Comply with the plan and procedure .

  7. Which builders involved in building work should be responsible for signing off on buildings?

    Both builder and PCA and Enginner

  8. Are existing licensing regimes appropriate to be accepted as registration for some builders and building designers, such as architects, for the new scheme?

    I think is reasonable for builder and designer .

  9. What should be the minimum requirements for a registration scheme?

    Proficient knowledge of understanding of standards and procedure of proof of comply set out in NCC and other Australian standard . There is a lot of lacking knowledge in the industry. Everyone knows NCC and Australian standard but not many expert actually bother read through it and implement in their job . Most of the industry performer contractor just based on their experience don’t bother it at all. Is also lack of emphasis on our education system .

  10. What form of insurance should be mandatory for ‘building designers’? Why?

    Not commet

  11. What kinds of minimum requirements should be prescribed for the insurance policy (for example, value, length of cover, etc.)?

    Not sure

  12. What skills should be mandatory for ‘building designers’?

    The proficient understanding of NCC and Australian standard especially how the performance solution to be certified or documented .

  13. Which categories of building practitioners should owe a duty of care?

    Fire / structral Enginner

  14. What should be the scope of the duty of care? Should it apply to all or certain types of work? If so, which work?

    None familiar area

  15. What types of consumers should be owed a duty of care?


At our discretion we may remove parts of submissions because of length, content, appropriateness or confidentiality (privacy) reasons.