Consultation period: 16/11/2015 12:00 am to 15/01/2016 5:00 pm
To perform a review of the existing training standards within the NSW property services industry, an independent panel was commissioned by the NSW Government.
The panel of industry experts was nominated by key industry stakeholders.
After a consultation process, the panel produced a report of their findings and recommendations, published in June 2016. View the final report, A review of training for licensed occupations in the NSW property services industry (PDF, 819.88 KB).
The NSW Government is now considering the report. It is expected that proposed reforms to property industry training standards will be announced before the end of 2016.
About the consultation
In November 2015, the review panel released a consultation paper. A public consultation was conducted, seeking written comments on the issues raised in the paper including:
- entry level standards for the licensed property services industry
- ongoing training requirements for the licensed property services industry
- the provision of initial and ongoing training
- assessment of initial and ongoing competency
- mutual recognition and cross border issues for stock and property auctioneers.
To access the paper, refer to the Documents section below.
- 16 November 2015 - consultation paper released for public consultation
- 15 January 2016 - public consultation ended
- June 2016 - review report produced
Submissions received during the public consultation period for the Review of Property Services Industry Training Standards are listed below.
These are made publicly available with the permission of the authors, any personal information or correspondence has been redacted.