Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
Questions on possible options
- Do you think it is appropriate to exclude multi car carriers from the definition of a tow truck?
- Do you agree that an applicant must provide proof they have the relevant consent approval for the use of a holding yard?
- Do you agree that a tow truck drivers certificate should only be suspended and not revoked for medical reasons or for failure to renew a drivers licence?
- Are all of the offences listed in clauses 7 and 16 proportionate to the penalty of automatic revocation if convicted? If so, why?
- Do you think any other information should be included in the towing authorisation form?
- Is there anything else that should be included in the holding yard provisions to ensure the safety of vehicles?
- Do you think the fee unit (0.6 per hour) appropriate for the clean-up of debris from a heavy vehicle accident or accident in non-metropolitan areas, if not why not?
- Do you think the tow truck equipment outlined in clause 83 is appropriate for the clean-up of debris?
- Do you think that scrap metal operators should be required to keep clean-up equipment in their tow truck?
- What is the appropriate amount required for a tow truck operator to begin the process of disposing an unclaimed vehicle?
- Do you agree that those who tow recreational vehicles (including caravans) should be exempt from the requirement to be licensed under the Regulation?
- Do you agree that mechanics should be allowed to drive a tow truck under the circumstances outlined above?
- Do you agree with the proposal to add types of motor vehicles that are allowed to be towed without a licence or driver certificate? What type of equipment should be exempt and why?
- Do you think any of the penalties in the Regulation need to be changed? If so why?
- Do you think it is appropriate to change the CPI fee to be consistent with other Regulation fee calculations in the Customer Service portfolio?
At our discretion we may remove parts of submissions because of length, content, appropriateness or confidentiality (privacy) reasons.