A key to successfully selling your home is choosing the right agent. Before making your choice, we suggest you talk to three agents and:
- make sure they have a valid licence by doing a licence check online or over the phone on 13 32 20
- get a list of all their fees
- ensure they are covered by a professional indemnity insurance policy
- find out if they have a good knowledge of your area
- ask if they adhere to a code of ethics
- get quotes from them regarding their commission, fees and charges
- ask them what their fees, charges and services cover - these usually cover the time they spend promoting and selling your home, advertising and promotion costs and administrative costs
- ask them how they plan to promote your home - newspaper advertisements, letterbox drops, open houses etc.
There must be a written contract between the seller and the agent, called an agency agreement.