We’ve put together a short video and fact sheet to help you prepare for a loose-fill asbestos insulation inspection.
The inspection process will follow these eight steps:
- A Licensed Asbestos Assessor will contact you and arrange a time to inspect your property.
- The Licensed Asbestos Assessor will show you their licence when they first arrive.
- For safety reasons, the Licensed Asbestos Assessor must switch off the power for up to 45 minutes.
- You, pets and others should stay away from the testing area while the inspection takes place.
- The Licensed Asbestos Assessor will wear protective clothing, gloves and a mask. They will also cover the area near the manhole and may need to move or cover objects in that room.
- The inspection involves taking samples of material from your roof space and some photos. Sampling will take around 10 to 15 minutes.
- The Licensed Asbestos Assessor will replace your furniture if it has been moved, tell you when they have finished and turn the power back on.
- The samples will be sent to a National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) accredited laboratory for testing and your results sent to you by mail or email.
The video is captioned for greater accessibility.
Contact us on 13 77 88 for more information on the loose-fill asbestos insulation inspection testing process.