To work within the NSW property industry as an agent, you need to have either a certificate of registration or a licence required for the work you will be doing.
To apply for a licence or certificate please visit Service NSW.
Please note we are currently experiencing delays to processing licence applications due to higher than usual volumes.
The current average processing times for property licence applications are:
Property Industry Licences
Average business days processing time
Property - Certificate
Property - Corporation
Property - Individual
All applicants for a licence must prove that they:
- are at least 18 years of age
- are a fit and proper person to hold a licence. Any person in partnership with a licensee in a property agency must also be a fit and proper person
- have the qualifications required for the licence or class of licence for which they are applying
- have not been disqualified
- have paid the relevant contribution to the Property Services Compensation Fund.
All applicants for a corporation licence must prove that:
- the corporation is fit and proper to hold a licence
- each director of the corporation is a fit and proper person to hold a licence
- no director or executive officer is a disqualified person
- at least one of the directors holds an individual licence for the industry sector in which the corporation proposes to operate
- the corporation has paid the relevant contribution to the Property Services Compensation Fund.
Certificate of Registration
All applicants for a certificate of registration must prove that they:
- are at least 16 years of age
- are a fit and proper person to hold a certificate of registration
- have the qualifications required for the type of certificate of registration for which they are applying
- have not been disqualified.
Before applying for a licence or certificate in the property services industry, find out about: