Rental Bonds Online helps tenants, agents and self-managing landlords lodge and refund bond money easily and securely. It is a fast and convenient way to:
- lodge, view and claim residential rental bonds online without having to send cheques and paper forms
- receive email and SMS phone notifications confirming what is happening to a rental bond
- view notifications and key tasks that require action within Rental Bonds Online
How do I get started?
- Fill out and submit the Rental Bonds Online Agency Registration Form (PDF, 535.18 KB) On this form, the licensee in charge will need to provide the details of the person in your agency who will be the principal user.
- NSW Fair Trading will send an email to the principal user requesting that they activate their log on. They will also receive an information kit.
- The principal user can create logins for staff within the agency.
- Individual agency staff are now able to use Rental Bonds Online.
For more information, download the Rental Bonds Online – an introduction for managing agents fact sheet (PDF, 376.02 KB).
Supporting tenants to use Rental Bonds Online
If the tenant has agreed to use Rental Bonds Online, you can invite them to the service.
To support your tenant with Rental Bonds Online, direct them to the Getting started with Rental Bonds online – information for tenants fact sheet (PDF, 344.77 KB) or Rental Bonds Online - for tenants page.
Contact Rental Bonds Online Security and Support by emailing email@example.com or call 1800 990 724 (free call).