Rental Bonds Online helps tenants, agents and self-managing landlords lodge and refund bond money easily and securely. It is a fast and convenient way to:
- lodge, view and claim residential rental bonds online without having to send cheques and paper forms
- receive email and SMS phone notifications confirming what is happening to a rental bond
- view notifications and key tasks that require action within Rental Bonds Online
Self-managing landlords must be registered with Rental Bonds Online and offer the service to new tenants as the first option for lodgement of their bond.
How do I get started?
- Download and complete the Rental Bonds Online - Landlord/ Owner Proof of Identity and Registration Form (PDF, 74.98 KB)
- Visit any Service NSW Centre with the completed form and the required original proof of identity documents. Locate your nearest Service NSW centre on the Service NSW web page or call 13 77 88.
- Once NSW Fair Trading has verified your proof of identification documents with your completed form, you will receive emails with your new Landlord Code and instructions to activate your RBO account.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org your completed form with a certified copy of the required proof of identity documents (as outlined in the form), endorsed as a true copy by a Justice of the Peace
Supporting tenants to use Rental Bonds Online
If the tenant has agreed to use Rental Bonds Online, you can invite them to the service.
To support your tenant with Rental Bonds Online, direct them to the Getting started with Rental Bonds online – information for tenants fact sheet (PDF, 344.77 KB) or Rental Bonds Online – for tenants page.
Contact Rental Bonds Online Security and Support by emailing email@example.com or call 1800 990 724 (free call).