To become an accredited certifier in NSW, you must apply to the Building Professionals Board. Your application must include all the required information and documents to be processed as quickly as possible. Some documents must be notified by a Justice of the Peace.
- Apply for E1 (swimming pool) accreditation
- Apply for individual accreditation (all categories except E1)
- Evidence checklists (category B, C and D applications)
- Apply for corporate accreditation
- Apply for mutual recognition (for certifiers outside NSW)
- Renew your accreditation if it expired less than three months ago
- Add to or vary your existing accreditation
- Renew your accreditation
Apply for individual application - categories A-D
- Accreditation application form (PDF, 502.02 KB) – submit with the following as needed:
- Referee's statement (PDF, 199.73 KB) – attach three referee statements
- Resume (PDF, 163.99 KB) – submit if your registration is not listed in the accreditation scheme
- Comparative analysis report (PDF, 139.16 KB) – submit if your qualification is not listed in schedule 3 of the accreditation scheme
- Performance criteria report (PDF, 135.44 KB) – for all B1 and D1 applicants, and certain A and C applicants
- Evidence checklist (below) - for all B,C and D applicants
Evidence checklists for category B, C and D applications
All B, C and D category applications must include the relevant evidence checklist:
- B1: subdivision certification (PDF, 65.37 KB)
- C1: private road and drainage design compliance (PDF, 52.38 KB)
- C2: private road and drainage construction compliance (PDF, 53.65 KB)
- C3: stormwater management facilities design compliance (PDF, 53.12 KB)
- C4: stormwater management facilities construction compliance (PDF, 55.01 KB)
- C5: subdivision works and building works (location of works as constructed) compliance (PDF, 49.39 KB)
- C6: subdivision road and drainage construction compliance (PDF, 56.59 KB)
- C7: structural engineering compliance (PDF, 56.98 KB)
- C8: electrical services compliance (PDF, 59.82 KB)
- C9: mechanical services compliance (PDF, 55.36 KB)
- C10: fire safety engineering compliance (PDF, 65.54 KB)
- C11: energy management compliance (BCA classes 3, 5 to 9) (PDF, 56.32 KB)
- C12: geotechnical engineering compliance (PDF, 60.1 KB)
- C13: acoustics compliance (PDF, 59.35 KB)
- C14: building hydraulics compliance (PDF, 61.38 KB)
- C15: stormwater compliance (PDF, 53.25 KB)
- C16: speciality hydraulic services compliance (PDF, 53.18 KB)
- D1: strata certification (PDF, 52.34 KB)
Apply for corporate accreditation
- Application form - corporate accreditation (PDF, 278.79 KB)
- Fit and proper person declaration - corporate accreditation (PDF, 257.67 KB)
Apply for mutual recognition
If you’re accredited as a certifier in another State/Territory, you can apply for accreditation in NSW under the Mutual Recognition Act 1992.
- Mutual recognition application form (PDF, 255.69 KB)
- Mutual recognition application form for swimming pool certifiers (PDF, 278.98 KB)
- Mutual recognition information sheet for swimming pool certifiers (PDF, 65.6 KB)
Renew your accreditation if it expired less than three months ago
- Renewal – private certifiers whose accreditation expired less than three months ago (PDF, 288.28 KB)
- Renewal – council certifiers whose accreditation expired less than three months ago (PDF, 238.28 KB)
If your accreditation expired more than three months ago, you will need to complete a new application to become reaccredited.
Add to or vary your existing accreditation
To add or change a category of accreditation, or change the conditions of your accreditation, you need:
- to complete a renewal of accreditation form (PDF, 253.52 KB)
- to complete a new application (PDF, 502.02 KB) for the category you wish to add, and/or the conditions you want removed or varied.
Renew your accreditation
All accredited certifiers in NSW must renew their accreditation each year with the Building Professionals Board. Your renewal form must be complete and you must attach all required supporting documents. Some documents may need to be witnessed by a Justice of the Peace.
If your form is received before your accreditation expires, your accreditation will continue even if your form is still being processed by the expiry date. Find the right form for you from the following sections.
Renew accreditation for individual certifiers
Accreditation renewal form (PDF, 253.52 KB) - This form is for any certifier who does not have the word 'council' in the heading of their certificate of accreditation, whether or not they work for a council.
Besides the completed form, your renewal must also include:
- a certificate of currency for your professional indemnity insurance
- proof that you have completed mandatory continuing professional development
- a witnessed copy of your driver's licence (front and back) showing your current address
- the renewal fee.
Renew accreditation for council certifiers
Accreditation renewal form for council accredited certifiers (PDF, 248.59 KB) - This form is for certifiers who have the word 'council' in the heading of their certificate of accreditation. Not every certifier who works for a council is a ‘council accredited certifier’. Councils can save $50 per certifier (20% of the accreditation fee) by renewing at least four months before a certifier's accreditation is due to expire.
Renew accreditation for swimming pool (E1) certifiers
Accreditation renewal form for E1 certifiers (PDF, 1743.86 KB)