For licensing purposes, general concreting is:
- the laying/placement of concrete
- formwork erection (also able to be performed by the holder of the class of carpentry), reinforcement fixing and concreting work associated with the erection of a dwelling or associated with the erection of a garage, an outbuilding, a swimming pool or another structure constructed or to be constructed for use in conjunction with any such dwelling
- stencilling of concrete
- stamped pattern concrete
- exposed aggregate work or pebblecreting or similar work
- repair of concrete work
- concrete resurfacing
- concrete retaining walls not requiring approval under the Local Government Act 1993(retaining walls requiring such approval are considered to come under the class of structural landscaping).
Note: this class covers excavation work required as preparation for the laying/placement of concrete but does not include extensive site preparation requiring shoring of excavations or where the structural stability of an adjacent site or structure may be compromised; in such situations the services of a licensed excavator or builder should be engaged.
- CPC30313/ CPC30311/ CPC30308/ BCG30303 Certificate III in Concreting; or
- CPC31511/ CP031508 Certificate III in Formwork/Falsework; or
- TAFE course 4428 Certificate Ill in Construction Carpentry; or
- Qualification 90203 Certificate Ill in Construction Carpentry Trade TAFE course #8044; or
- Qualification 11770 Certificate Ill in Construction Carpentry, Trade TAFE course #7906.
Go to the building licensing courses page to find a Registered Training Organisation that provides the qualifications listed above.
Previous licence and supervisor certificate holders
If you have ever held a licence or supervisor certificate in the current prescribed categories (Home Building Regulation 2014, clauses 13 and 14, excluding clause 13(a)(ii)) that was not subject to restrictions or conditions and you apply for a new licence or supervisor certificate, your previous licence or certificate will be accepted in lieu of the current qualification requirements.
If you have held a licence or supervisor certificate in the last five years that was subject to restrictions or conditions in the prescribed categories (Home Building Regulation 2014, clauses 13 and 14, excluding clause 13(a)(ii)), we will assess your application and reissue you a licence or certificate that reflects the scope of work that your licence or certificate covered. This may include some conditions or restrictions.