The State of New South Wales, acting through NSW Fair Trading, supports and encourages the reuse of its publicly funded information.
Unless otherwise stated, all NSW Fair Trading material on this website and any other websites owned by NSW Fair Trading is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 licence, except as noted below.
Under this licence you are free to share and adapt material as long as appropriate credit is provided and you indicate if changes were made. You cannot legally restrict anyone from doing what the licence permits.
When using our material, you must not imply endorsement by NSW Fair Trading of any person, goods, services or land transactions (see section 87 of the Fair Trading Act 1987).
We request attribution as:
'© State of New South Wales (NSW Fair Trading). For current information go to fairtrading.nsw.gov.au’
Material not licensed under the Creative Commons Licence
The following material available from this website is not licensed under the Creative Commons Licence:
The State's Coat of Arms and any other symbols, logos or trademarks of the State of NSW or any Department or agency of the State (unless incidentally reproduced in using an unaltered document under the Creative Commons licence).
- Any third party material unless expressly stated to be published under the Creative Commons Licence.
- Any images, photographs or illustrations (unless incidentally reproduced in using an unaltered document under the Creative Commons licence).
Enquiries relating to Crown copyright or use of NSW State Arms, Symbols or Emblems (other than as permitted by the Creative Commons licence) should be addressed to the Community Relations Unit, Department of Justice:
Post: Locked Bag 5111, Parramatta NSW 2124
Telephone: (02) 8688 7586
NSW Fair Trading web linking policy
In aiming to create a fair marketplace for consumers and traders, NSW Fair Trading provides access to information in a range of ways. One mechanism is information provided on the Fair Trading website. To enhance this information and to make information that is sourced from elsewhere available to our clients, we sometimes provide links to other websites. We also allow other organisations to link to the NSW Fair Trading website.
Links to the NSW Fair Trading website
NSW Fair Trading welcomes links from your website to the NSW Fair Trading website. If you plan to create a link, please follow these guidelines:
- Links to NSW Fair Trading’s site should preferably be to the homepage or other high level page. Linking to other pages may pose some risk, as the page to which you link may move or become unavailable.
- The correct name for the site is NSW Fair Trading.
- The NSW Fair Trading logo is subject to copyright and may only be used by permission. It cannot be used for web linking purposes. (See our Copyright notice).
- The NSW Fair Trading website should be opened in a new window and not within a frame of your own branding.
- You must not use the link to provide, or in any way imply, endorsement by NSW Fair Trading, of your organisation, services or products (see section 87 of the Fair Trading Act).
- You must not pass off content from our site as your own. This includes copying or re-using parts of the site.
Links from the NSW Fair Trading website
Under some circumstances, we will link to other websites. Links are restricted to the following sites:
- Government (state, federal and local)
- Australian and NSW industry and professional organisations
- Australian and NSW community, not for profit and advocacy organisations that promote fair trading
- Key international consumer protection bodies
- Commercial organisations that are working with NSW Fair Trading programs to safeguard consumer rights and to advise business and traders on fair ethical practice in NSW (specific criteria will apply).
NSW Fair Trading reserves the right to determine the placement of any listing and to include, exclude or withdraw a website link at its discretion. We will not participate in link exchange arrangements with third party commercial websites.
NSW Fair Trading does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense that might occur as a result of the use of or reliance upon, materials which appear at the linked sites (see our Disclaimer).