Accommodation registers

You can access registers on:

  • retirement villages
  • boarding houses
  • residential land lease communities (also called residential parks)

An extract of the information held in these public registers is available for download on our public register data page.

To begin searching for an accommodation type, click the search button below.

For more information or to advise of incorrect information, contact NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20 Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm.

Retirement villages

The retirement villages register enables prospective residents to search for villages located in the area they are interested in. The register contains the village’s trading name, address and contact details.

For more information on the retirement villages register, see the Retirement Villages section of the website.

Boarding houses

The boarding house register lists all the boarding houses registered with NSW Fair Trading. It also contains the following information:

  • the name and address of the boarding house
  • the name of each proprietor of the boarding house
  • whether the boarding house is a general boarding house or an assisted boarding house.

For more information, go to the Boarding Houses page.

If you have a concern about a boarding house in your local area, you can contact your local council. The Local Government Directory provides contact details for all councils in NSW. It is available from the Division of Local Government website.

Residential land lease communities

Prospective residents interested in moving into a residential land lease community can use the register to find out where parks are located and how to contact them. The register includes the community’s trading name, address, contact details and website address if it has one.

The register includes residential land lease communiities, residential parks and manufactured home estates where people live as their main place of residence. Residential parks that only offer accommodation for tourists, holiday makers or long-term casual occupants are not land lease communities and do not appear on the register.

For more information on the residential land lease communities register, see the Residential land lease community home owners page.

Prev Approved electrical articles register
Next NSW Incorporated associations register