Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
Questions on possible options
- Is the description of the ‘Sydney Metropolitan Area’ appropriate? If not, why not, and what areas should be included or excluded?
- Are the proposals for appointing a valuer, to determine the value of the property, necessary and appropriate?
- Where residents wish to sell their residence on their own terms, under what circumstances should they be able to opt in or opt out of the exit entitlement provision?
- What issues should the Tribunal take into account when considering whether or not the operator has done everything in their power to enable the sale of a premises?
Is the value fair Frequency or advertising Publication facility used (circulation criteria) Has advertising been exclusive or not to a related organisation Has property been had inspections & if so at what rate The facilities available to the village (closeness of Shops, Hospitals, Aid etc)
- Are there any additional circumstances the Tribunal should be able to take into account when considering a hardship application from an operator?
The area. Most sections of NSW there are waiting lists for persons wantiing to enter retirement villages, so a 6 months limit & NOT 12 months limit should be universally adopted.
- Are there any other factors that could affect the setting of a ‘trigger point’?
Entry barriers where a new entrant may have trouble selling their current residence. Special circumstances should exist for people moving from a farm to a village. There should be consideration also for people selling a business which could take some time.
- Would any of the current provisions in Victoria and South Australia as set out in Appendix A (in the discussion paper), be of benefit to NSW residents of retirement villages?
- Can you think of any other benefits or costs of this proposal? What are they?
- As with residents with a non-registered interest, should the ‘trigger’ to commence the 42-day period begin when the resident permanently vacates the premises?
- Should one or both of the proposals be ‘grandfathered’? If not, please provide your reasons.
NO! All changes whould apply to all residence.
- Please provide any further comments on the reforms.