As a consumer, we want you to receive the best standard and quality service that you’ve paid for.
This section provides information on your rights and responsibilities when buying most services in NSW.
Before you engage a service:
- think about what you want the service to do
- shop around and compare quality and price
- take your time and avoid agreeing to services on impulse
- ask for a receipt if you do not get one
- keep your receipts in a safe place for refund and warranty purposes
- check the businesses refund policy before you buy anything
- beware of scams
- think twice before paying a deposit as a business may keep all or part of it if you change your mind
- check your credit card statements carefully and make sure only the services you have bought have been charged to you