During this consultation we received 31 submissions. 29 submissions have been made publicly available with private information redacted where necessary. The remaining 2 were confidential and not publishable.
All the submissions made during the consultation have been read and considered. All publishable submissions can now be found below
Have your say
- July 2017 – NSW Government announces four-point plan for retirement villages in NSW, commissioning an independent Inquiry chaired by Kathryn Greiner AO.
- December 2017 – The Inquiry delivers its final report to Government, making 17 recommendations for improvements to the sector. This included a recommendation that the Government consider reforms requiring operators to develop an asset register to increase transparency around the maintenance of village assets.
- November 2018 – NSW Parliament passes the Retirement Villages Amendment Act 2018 to implement a majority of the Inquiry’s recommendations. The Amendment Act provides regulation-making power to prescribe requirements for asset management plans.
- October 2019 – Discussion paper Retirement Villages – a proposal for asset management plans released by Government for public consultation.
- November 2019 – Consultation on the discussion paper ends.
If you can't use our online form, you can email your submission to ORG.Admin@finance.nsw.gov.au. We will publish your submission if not told otherwise.
If you can't provide your submission electronically, you can send your submission by mail to:
Office of the registrar General
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2001