Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
- Authorised delegate/contact person
Questions on possible options
- Do you think it is appropriate to exclude multi car carriers from the definition of a tow truck?
- Do you agree that an applicant must provide proof they have the relevant consent approval for the use of a holding yard?
- Do you agree that a tow truck drivers certificate should only be suspended and not revoked for medical reasons or for failure to renew a drivers licence?
- Are all of the offences listed in clauses 7 and 16 proportionate to the penalty of automatic revocation if convicted? If so, why?
- Do you think any other information should be included in the towing authorisation form?
- Is there anything else that should be included in the holding yard provisions to ensure the safety of vehicles?
- Do you think the fee unit (0.6 per hour) appropriate for the clean-up of debris from a heavy vehicle accident or accident in non-metropolitan areas, if not why not?
- Do you think the tow truck equipment outlined in clause 83 is appropriate for the clean-up of debris?
- Do you think that scrap metal operators should be required to keep clean-up equipment in their tow truck?
- What is the appropriate amount required for a tow truck operator to begin the process of disposing an unclaimed vehicle?
- Do you agree that those who tow recreational vehicles (including caravans) should be exempt from the requirement to be licensed under the Regulation?
- Do you agree that mechanics should be allowed to drive a tow truck under the circumstances outlined above?
- Do you agree with the proposal to add types of motor vehicles that are allowed to be towed without a licence or driver certificate? What type of equipment should be exempt and why?
I think that anything that is on wheels whether it be a tractor/forklift/ride on mower/scissor lift etc etc should unless it is being transported by the owner or company that owns the said equipment be required to use a TT registered vehicle to do so , these vehicles are a paid job when sublet so to use a non TT registered vehicle to do so is so very unfair to those who pay BIG money each year to you lot for the TT rego/licences & other stuff relating to the TT status .
- Do you think any of the penalties in the Regulation need to be changed? If so why?
- Do you think it is appropriate to change the CPI fee to be consistent with other Regulation fee calculations in the Customer Service portfolio?