Submission cover sheet
- Name of organisation or individual making this submission
Questions on possible options
- What kind of plans should be signed off and declared by a statutory declaration?
Structural Designs, Stormwater Drainage designs,
- Should a statutory declaration accompany all variations to plans or only major variations?
- How should plans be provided to, or accessed by, the Building Commissioner?
- In what circumstances would it be difficult to document performance solutions and their compliance with the BCA?
- What would the process for declaring that a building complies with its plans look like?
- What kind of role should builders play in declaring final building work?
- Which builders involved in building work should be responsible for signing off on buildings?
- Are existing licensing regimes appropriate to be accepted as registration for some builders and building designers, such as architects, for the new scheme?
- What should be the minimum requirements for a registration scheme?
- What form of insurance should be mandatory for ‘building designers’? Why?
- What kinds of minimum requirements should be prescribed for the insurance policy (for example, value, length of cover, etc.)?
- What skills should be mandatory for ‘building designers’?
- Which categories of building practitioners should owe a duty of care?
- What should be the scope of the duty of care? Should it apply to all or certain types of work? If so, which work?
only certain types of works including designs and foremen supervisions, not mid level engineers
- What types of consumers should be owed a duty of care?
At our discretion we may remove parts of submissions because of length, content, appropriateness or confidentiality (privacy) reasons.