Have your say
What’s this about?
The existing Fair Trading Regulation 2012 is due for automatic repeal on 1 September 2019. We are proposing to remake the Regulation with some changes.
The new Regulation will:
- provide information standards relating to
- fuel price signs at service stations
- funeral service providers
- mandate the industry code of conduct for motor vehicle insurers and repairers
- provide some exceptions relating to gift card expiry date requirements
- update the penalties payable for offences under the Australian Consumer Law and the Fair Trading Act.
A draft Fair Trading Regulation 2019 (the Regulation) and accompanying Regulatory Impact Statement are now available for public consultation. The proposed Regulation supports the Fair Trading Act 1987 (the Act).
- We are seeking feedback on the proposed regulation from 26 June 2019 to 24 July 2019.
- Once the consultation period has ended, the feedback will be analysed and the draft Regulation will be amended if required.
If you can't use our online form, you can email your submission to ORG.Admin@finance.nsw.gov.au. We will publish your submission if not told otherwise.
If you can't provide your submission electronically, you can send your submission by mail to:
Office of the registrar General
2-24 Rawson Place
Sydney NSW 2001