First up, meet Suzy and Dave, your toolkit guides and peers from one of the partner organisations:
There are three topics in this toolkit. You can start at topic one and work to the end or you can dip in and out - whatever works for you. Co-design is the most developed section as we found we learned the most there and were able to document some of our learning.
The three topics are:
- Engage with communities: This is about your first engagement with a community. It includes information on why you may want to engage with communities, as well as some how-tos and principles you might want to consider.
- Work alongside peers: This topic explores some really important ideas like 'nothing about us, without us’. It also explains the importance of the expertise that comes from lived experience, and some critical how-to questions we had to work through as part of our project.
- Co-design: This section is the main focus of the toolkit. It will guide you through the four steps of co-design: Discover, Develop, Deliver and Debrief. There are also lots of original resources and ideas for you to think about, take away and test.
Each topic includes:
- online content to read
- videos to watch and think about
- downloadable resources you can use to work through any issues
- links to other resources you might find useful.