Property services compensation fund

The Property Services Compensation Fund was set up to assist people who are out of pocket because an agent or conveyancer has failed to account for money or other valuable property held in trust.

A person who has suffered a loss because of such a ‘failure to account’ may be entitled to make a claim on the Fund. Claims must be made in writing to the Director–General:

  • within 12 months of becoming aware of the failure to account, or
  • within 2 years of the date the failure to account took place, whichever period ends first.

You are required to submit documents in support of your claim.

Read the below explanatory notes before you fill in the claim form.

Property Services Compensation Fund claim form A and notes (PDF, 153.53 KB)

Property Services Compensation Fund claim form B and notes (PDF, 142.12 KB)

Prev Addendum to agency agreements
Next Underquoting