Important information on amendments to the Plumbing and Drainage laws
On 11 October 2018, the NSW Government passed amendments to the Plumbing and Drainage Act 2011 (the Act) and the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2017 (the Regulation) to assist with the management and operation of the plumbing and inspection framework.
The amendments are effective from 11 October 2018 and modify existing provisions in the Act and the Regulation and aim to improve NSW Fair Trading's ability to regulate the sector more effectively.
More information can be found in the Amendments to the Plumbing and Drainage laws advisory note (PDF, 176.61 KB).
Please Note: In the areas where NSW Fair Trading is the inspection authority, the enforcement of submitting the Sewer Service Diagram (SSD) on completion of the drainage portion will not commence until 1 January 2019.
MyInspections allows users to pay fees and submit documents related to plumbing and drainage work in the areas that NSW Fair Trading conducts inspections.
To access the MyInspections Gateway the user must register, and then:
- pay audit fees (pay for an audit inspection)
- correct an audit inspection application
- submit or correct a performance solution application (please note only property details can be corrected)
- submit or correct a Notice of Work (NoW)
- submit a Certificate of Compliance (CoC)
- submit a completed Sewer Service Diagram (SSD).
Where the inspection fee was paid through a Quick Check agent, the NoW, SSD and CoC documents are still available on this website:
- Combined Notice of Work and Certificate of Compliance (PDF, 367.08 KB)
- Sewer Service Diagrams section of the Plumbing inspection documents page
- Point of Connection explanatory notes (PDF, 475.22 KB)
Who is the plumbing regulator in my area?
To find out who carries out the plumbing regulation functions in your area, download local plumbing regulators (PDF, 292.75 KB) in NSW.
Download your technical notes
Go to the plumbing code, standards and notes page to view and download Fair Trading's technical notes, with information on solutions, installation requirements and PCA or standards interpretations.
Subscribe to Newsflush, Fair Trading's quarterly e-newsletter for plumbers and drainers, to receive industry updates and information on plumbing and drainage.