Fair Trading provides a range of forms and templates for registered building and development certifiers and local councils.
Registration application, renewal and mutual recognition
Go to Apply and renewing registration to apply, or download the
Information sheets for certification contracts
By law, one of the following information sheets must accompany any contract for certification work.
There is a different sheet for each broad type of certification work:
- Information sheet - building surveying/building inspection (includes principal certifier appointments)
- Information sheet - swimming pool certification
- Information sheet - fire safety certification
- Information sheet - subdivision and strata certification
- Information sheet - engineering certification
Builders, go to the Contracts page to download the information sheet about certifiers to include with building contracts.
Other miscellaneous forms
- Application to voluntarily suspend registration for a period up to your renewal date
- Individual certifier change of details PDF, 105.24 KB
Complying development and written directions templates (Department of Planning)
- Template letters to notify neighbours of complying development
- Written direction under the EP&A Act (read with written directions guidelines)
Professional indemnity insurance certificate of currency
Instructions for certifiers:
- The certificate must be prepared and issued by your insurance provider.
- Give the instructions below to your provider so the certificate has all required details and is issued on the insurance company letterhead.
- Fair Trading must receive your certificate at least seven days before your insurance is due to expire.
Instructions for insurance providers
Issue a certificate of currency, on the insurance company letterhead, with at minimum the following details:
- Insurance company name
- Confirmation that the insurance is professional indemnity insurance and covers statutory liability for certifiers
- Policy number
- Name of the insured
- Whether the policy is for an individual, partnership, or company
- Policy start and end dates
- Retroactive date
- Limit of indemnity and whether it is inclusive/exclusive of relevant expenses in respect of any one claim; and in respect of all claims made in any one year
- The professions that the policy covers
- Confirmation that the insurance has been issued.