Your licence or certificate can be cancelled or suspended if you:
- become involved in unlawful activity
- get a licence by misrepresentation or fraudulent means
- become bankrupt or subject to a winding up order.
Immediate action required
If your licence or certificate has been cancelled or suspended you must immediately:
- stop all business activity that relates to the licence or certificate
- remove any sign or advertisement which indicates the conduct of business activity that relates to the licence or certificate
- return the licence or certificate to NSW Fair Trading by mail or at a Fair Trading Centre.
You should also let your clients know, either verbally or in writing, that your licence has been cancelled or suspended and you are unable to complete any unfinalised work.